Job Title: Kitchen Manager
Work Location: Newark, NJ
Reports: Kitchen Director and/or Managing Partner
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Kitchen Manager’s role is to provide uncompromised excellence at all times, making the Guest and the Bar-B-Que the heart and passion of all they do. Ensures the greatest degree of Hospitality to the Guests.
- Ensures consistent execution of all FOH and BOH systems and profitability by providing and ensuring quality training, coaching, and follow- through.
- Knowledgeable of all Kitchen (Expo, Smokehouse, prep and line quality identifiers and standards) and Dining Room systems and operations (ToGo, Host, Bar, and service standards).
- Must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all Team Members including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals to Kitchen Director/ Managing Partner on a regular basis.
- Effectively maintains the restaurant’s facility, both exterior, and interior, to Dinosaur standards (clean, neat, and organized) and ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for both FOH and BOH Team Members to execute their responsibilities.
- Writes department schedule, effectively maintaining labor goals and Guest satisfaction. The schedule should be planned using forecasted sales and labor budget, while taking Team Member availabilities, requests and vacations into consideration.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of management experience.
- Full Service restaurant management experience.
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required. Must be able to attract, train, develop and retain the very best Team Members in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on year-over-year sales growth, Guest count increases, effective staffing levels, great service, add-on sales, and labor cost management.
Dinosaur BBQ® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.