Job Title: Finance Support Associate
Work Location: Syracuse, NY
Reports Service Director: Director of Finance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary role is to support a small but growing Finance Department in a fast-paced work environment. Initial duties will include the following:
- Code, approve, and scan invoices received directly from vendors.
- Monitor the Company’s outsourced accounts payable processor including interacting with restaurants and vendors as needed.
- Review, address and distribute incoming mail for Finance department.
- Receive and deposit check payments.
- Monitor and distribute chargeback support requests to restaurants.
- Responsible for accounting for corporate credit card expenditures and expense reports.
- Process and verify customer refund requests.
- Process permit/license renewals and interact with the Company’s external services providers in these areas.
- Establish and maintain a database of key contracts including renewal and notice dates.
- Archive final P&L’s and balance sheets.
- Perform other support functions for the Finance Dept. including scanning, filing, ordering office supplies, etc.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Two-year accounting or business degree required
- Four- year accounting degree a plus.
- 1-2 years of accounting experience required.
- Experience in a support role in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Ability to work independently in a small finance department; self-starter
- Ability to work with Restaurant Operations personnel in a support role
- Ability to operate at various functional levels due to the small size of the Company’s in-house Finance team
- Problem solver willing to take the initiative as issues arise.
Please send resumes to: Gina.Vigliotti@dinobbq.com