Job Title: Catering Manager
Work Location: Harlem, NY
Reports Service Director: Managing Partner/ DO
For full description click here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Catering Manager’s role is to provide uncompromised excellence at all times, making the Guest and the Bar-B-Que the heart and passion of all they do. Strong understanding of all Kitchen (Expo, Smokehouse, prep and line quality identifiers and standards) and Dining Room systems and operations (To Go, Host, Bar, and service standards); must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all Catering Team Members including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals to Managing Partner/ DO on a regular basis.
- Effectively maintains the restaurant’s facility, both exterior and interior, to Dinosaur standards (clean, neat, and organized) and ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for Catering Team Members to execute their responsibilities.
- Effectively schedules delivery drivers and Full-Service Catering Team Members, effectively maintaining labor goals and Guest satisfaction. The schedule should be planned using forecasted sales and labor budget, while taking Team Member availabilities, requests and vacations into consideration.
- Responsible for posting Catering Team Member schedule in a timely manner. Ensures adequate advance notice is provided when posting holiday schedules.
- Ensures 100% effectiveness of all Catering systems and standards
- Plans and coordinates all Catering events for the restaurant including scheduling, food usage and execution.
- Maintains effective communication with the Kitchen Manager, regarding orders for Catering events. This includes food items and supplies to execute all Catering events to standard.
- Knowledgeable of all Catering related food standards.
- Maintains the Catering van including insurance, tags, usage, and cleanliness. Responsible for all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Directs the planning, implementation and Catering training for procedure changes, with 100% adherence to specifications and standards.
- Ensures all Managers, including MIT’s and transferred Managers, are current on all Catering execution standards.
- Maintains awareness of Guest satisfaction for areas specific to Catering service. Responsible for follow up on all Catering Guest recovery.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all Catering Team Members, including training, safety, sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Interviews and assists in the hiring of all Catering Team Members, maintaining appropriate staffing par levels.
- Completes all Catering Team Members’ Performance Appraisals.
- Coordinates with the Service and Development Manager, the training, development and scheduling of new Catering Team Members.
- Ensures effective rollout of all Catering initiatives through training and coaching the Catering Team.
- Holds regular Catering Team Member meetings, including workshops, recognizing what we do well and what we can improve (Guest satisfaction, safety, cost controls, quality and execution).
- Responsible for Catering supply inventory control.
- Responsible for Catering wages to meet plan.
- Assists in weekly inventories as directed by Managing Partner.
- Responsible for meeting the restaurant’s financial goals, including sales building (by providing exceptional guest service 100% of the time); labor (through use of labor planning and scheduling with Scheduling Functions); and hiring, developing and retaining the very best Team Members.
- Develops and executes a marketing plan: in-restaurant, off-premise business and local community efforts.
- Implements and manages plans that result in improved financial (sales and cost centers) performance for all Catering operations.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma, or general equivalency diploma (GED);
- Some college preferred
- One to Two years of high volume, scratch kitchen management in a Full-service restaurant experience preferred.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required. Must be able to attract, train, develop and retain the very best Team Members in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on year-over-year sales growth, Guest count increases, effective staffing levels, great service, add-on sales, and labor cost management.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and work in a restaurant environment.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of the Manager, they are regularly required to stand and walk; talk or hear, in person and use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate kitchen equipment and other standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; bend, kneel and crouch and climb.
Please send resumes to: Gina.Vigliotti@dinobbq.com
Dinosaur BBQ® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.