Job Title: Assistant General Manager
Work Location: Stamford, CT
Reports Service Director: Managing Partner
For the full description click here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant General Manager’s role (AGM) is to provide uncompromised excellence at all times, making the Guest and the Bar-B-Que the heart and passion of all they do. The AGM shares responsibility with the Managing Partner for the total operations by building sales, managing profit and loss, hiring/training of all Team Members, daily execution of safety/sanitation, quality food preparation and guest service. The AGM demonstrates a consistent track record of both positive business results and effective, sustained leadership that contributes to the brand’s success. The AGM upholds all company policies, procedures and standards through their team of Managers and Team Members. They are responsible for formulating plans to meet budgets, new initiatives and the development of their Team; as well as maintain existing standards.
- Uncompromised Excellence is trained and modeled within the restaurant to ensure the flawless and passionate execution of every detail on every shift, by every team member to ensure we exceed guest expectations at all times.
- Resolution oriented- protects company assets; prevent/diffuse situations that create potential risks to the organization.
- Exercise good judgment and decision making in escalating concerns and aggressively resolving any issues timely.
- Manage day to day operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision making, Team Member support, Guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Proactively organizes and plans work anticipating the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Responsible for appropriately communicating to Managing Partner and Director of Operations on a regular basis. This includes: daily accountability of restaurant sales, actions taken on projects, progress on company initiatives, situations discussed in Manager meetings, Guest comments, restaurant staffing and labor, Manager in Development performance and financial results.
- Uses Developmental Action Plans and coaching to develop those under him/her to become better Team Members.
- Effectively utilizes all communication tools: email, written correspondence and pre-shift notes.
- Responsible for compliance with OSHA, local health and safety codes as well as Company safety and security policies. Emphasize safety, sanitation, and security awareness, and ensure that Team Members are properly trained to create a safe work environment.
- Verifies all daily administration is carried out according to deadlines, policy and standards.
- Attends Manager Meetings weekly with an agenda and time allotted for discussion.
- Communicates effectively with vendors, addressing concerns as needed.
- Ensures all Team Member information – File Folders, Employee Records and signed documentation meets company policy.
- Provides direction, coaching and leadership for all Team Members including training, standards, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the selection, onboarding and retention of Team Members through motivation, recognition coaching and development.
- Conducts new hire orientations and submits paperwork timely to HR/Payroll departments.
- Promotes sales building behaviors with Managers and Team Members.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma, or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Some college preferred
- 2+ years’ experience as AGM or GM/MP
- 3+ years of full-service restaurant experience required.
- 3 + years strong FOH experience with success with a reputable brand.
- Management of at least 15+ staff members.
- Solid knowledge of P& L, planning & preparation.
- Experience in people development.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required. Must be able to attract, train, develop and retain the very best Team Members in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on year-over-year sales growth, Guest count increases, effective staffing levels, great service, add-on sales, and labor cost management.
- High Energy Level.
Please send resumes to: Gina.Vigliotti@dinobbq.com
Dinosaur BBQ® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.